I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Homemade Almond Milk

I make almond milk for my family. My husband has smoothies for breakfast and we're at a season of life where my older three kids have cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, so they use this almond milk.

1 bag raw almonds 12oz
1 gallon purified water
1-2 cups honey

Alternative:
1 handful soaked almonds
1 quart purified water
a couple dashes powdered stevia
blend and strain. Refrigerate.

Soak almonds in purified water with a tablespoon of salt overnight.
Rinse the next morning and make the milk.

Use 1 cup almonds in 4-5 cups purified water. Blend for 90 seconds.
Strain. Repeat.
You can use the leftover almond pulp in baking, just go.ogle "almond pulp recipes"

No comments:

Post a Comment