I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Refrigerated Coconut Milk



This is also called Coconut Tonic, but it tastes similar to refrig coconut milk that comes in cartons. It's about the same price, but without potentially dangerous additives. That post made me want to unread it at first, because I really like my cartoned milks. I want us to have the healthiest foods we can, though and read the post on how to make my own milks, yay! So, I will be looking for the least expensive source for almonds to make my own almond milk for the kids. And until then, I'll use the new coconut milk recipe for milks in baking & occasional drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment