I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Here we go again!

My little baby is having some issues. I'm pretty sure she's intolerant to rice as well as milk & soy proteins.
I've been wanting to go back to Primal Blueprint, but have been using my 20% on rice and corn in foods. I hope that she feels better quickly. I love her so much, it's hard when I know she's having troubles.

I wanted to talk about attitude again. I'm choosing to have a good attitude about the diet restrictions. Sure, it may mean a little more work for me, but now that I'm not pregnant anymore, I have energy and motivation to cook and look up recipes. I'm so thankful that I have experience, have found that paleo/primal works for our restrictions, and most of all, that I know what to do to help my precious baby feel better.

It's all about attitude. I could choose to have a bad attitude and begrudgingly do this diet for my baby (even though it majorly benefits me as well). I could choose to get an expensive formula that may or may not help. But I'm going to choose to have a good attitude and be thankful that it's a relatively easy fix for her (Lord willing, as long as it's not something other than intolerances).

It can be overwhelming, especially when starting out, but there's LOTS of support out there! Other moms have done it, loads of people are doing Primal/Paleo(disclaimer, I love the info, I don't believe in the evolution stuff, I believe that God created everything in six days, according to Genesis), allergen free products are easier than ever to find. Blogs, websites and recipe books are available all over the internet.
There are lots of things to be thankful for!

The first big hurdle of starting an elimination diet, in my opinion, is deciding to do it and do it with a good attitude. It's way more fun! :) And I'm here to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment