I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Coconut creamer/whipped cream

Very simple, delicious and healthy cream that I've been putting in my dandelion/chicory root "coffee" & on my coconut cake.

Recipe
Solid cream from a can of coconut milk
Maple syrup to taste

Blend in a blender and refrigerate!

ETA: I've been doing a whole can of full fat coconut milk with sweetener (honey or coconut sugar) and recently, I put in the seeds from an inch of vanilla bean. The whipping from the blender adds fluffiness. So yummy!

You can enjoy the leftover coconut water as a refreshing, electrolyte replacing beverage or add it to your smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment