I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pies & great deal on one of my favorite cookbooks!

Crustless Gluten Free Pecan Pie and Crustless Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie. Delicious!
We're going to my parents tomorrow. My in laws get to come, too!

Without further ado -

From Gluten Free Easily
Crustless, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
2 eggs
1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin
¾ cup rapadura or honey
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 can coconut milk (NOT lite)
3 Tbsp coconut flour

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Grease pie plate and set aside.
In large bowl, beat eggs slightly; mix in remaining ingredients.
Put in greased pie plate, put in oven.
Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake until knife or toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes longer.
Find more recipes like this at http://www.glutenfreeeasily.com

Crustless, Gluten Free Pecan Pie

4 eggs
1 cup Rapadura sugar (I'd like to try honey instead next time)
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 Tbsp coconut oil, unrefined, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1 chopped pecans
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
2-3 Tbsp Chia seeds

Mix all.
Put in oiled pie plate.
Top with ½ cup of halved pecans.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until knife inserted is mostly clean when pulled out.
Adapted from $5 Dinner Mom

The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook is only $6 on Amazon right now! It has loads of great recipes that can be adapted for food allergies and whole foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment