I'm a Christian wife & homeschooling mama, saved by faith through grace. I changed my family's diet from SAD (Standard American Diet) to healthy, delicious & nutritious traditional foods. I've recently discovered there's a name for the way that I eat. It's called Primal or Paleo (I like the diet and think of the men and women who worked hard from sunup to sundown, constantly on the go, eating meat, berries they picked, cheese they made. I do not believe in evolution). No grains, legumes, refined sugars, and no/limited dairy.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy 1st Anniversary to me!

It was actually October 14th, but I completely missed it. Oops.
Hope you all are doing well! It's been an interesting year, that's for sure! I'm not sure what challenges I'll face with the new baby. I'm praying that the baby will not have severe food intolerances, like E3 did, but have many tools to help me out, along with great support!

Here's an AMAZING resource for any gluten/dairy/soy free family. Karina, of gluten-free goddess, made a wonderful, wonderful list of flours, baking subs, flour mixes and much, much more. I encourage you to read it if you are avoiding gluten/dairy/soy. I'm so thankful to have come across this last night. I'm going to be making her flour mix, so I don't have to buy one, and there aren't many (that are in my price range) that don't have rice flour, which E3 still can't tolerate. So excited!! Please let me know which parts you like best! And you can follow her on facebook, too!

3 comments:

  1. My friend referred me to your site and I LOVE it! I have a question, but I'm not sure you'll be able to answer it. My oldest has autism and we immediately saw a difference on the GF diet. Our Neuro is not a fan of the diet as "treatment" but it made such a great difference we stuck with it. I was told we could start weaning him back to see how he did and now he only wants junk foods (which is a HUGE change from how he ate while on the diet). I guess his body is just addicted to these foods? I was wondering if you had any info or posts about GF and autism! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son made such vast improvement on the gluten free diet that we don't plan to go back until he's old enough to understand and make the decision for himself. Gluten also can take six months to get out of the body, so I'm not comfortable frisking, as I know it made a difference and he does better without.

    Gluten and the sugars in glutinous foods ARE addivting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im having issues posting. Will try to fix later :)

    ReplyDelete